For Entrepreneurs

rss rss twitter facebook

Government Contracting

North Dakota State Procurement

If you intend to buy from, sell to, or do business with the State of North Dakota you need to register with the State Procurement Office at

Looking for North Dakota bid opportunities? View list of current state solicitations website at

Federal Procurement

There are several basic steps every company should complete to increase their ability to contract in the federal marketplace. For information in getting started with federal contracting opportunities visit 

The Federal government sets aside certain contract bid opportunities exclusively for small businesses. In order to compete for these contracts, you must first register as a vendor with the government.

System for Award Management (SAM) 

CCR is a registration process. Any business wishing to do business with the federal government must be registered in Central Contractor Registration (CCR) before being awarded a contract. As of July 29, 2012 CCR has become System for Award Management (SAM). Please visit to learn more.

D-U-N-S Number 

Central Contractor Registration (CCR) requires a D-U-N-S number (Date Universal Numbering System), get your D-U-N-S Number at;jsessionid=B46878C67B07553B41E265E0BED16ED4

Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) provides a unique identification number, for your business. D-U-N-S Number assignment is FREE for all businesses required to register with the U.S. Federal government for contracts or grants.

ORCA - Online Representations and Certifications Application 

Using ORCA, a contractor can enter information once for use on all Federal contracts. This site allows contractors to keep an accurate and complete record. It also allows the Contracting Officer to view every record, including archives.

For more information on types of certification available for federal procurement opportunities, visit our Federal Certifications and Programs section.

Tribal Business Relations

TERO (Tribal Employment Rights Offices) Ordinances require that all employers who are engaged in operating a business on reservations give preference to qualified Indians in all aspects of employment, contracting, and other business activities. TERO Offices were established and empowered to monitor and enforce the requirements of the tribal employment rights ordinance. By law, TERO requirements must be met to do business on any reservation. For more information on tribal business relations visit The Council for Tribal Employment Rights

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development

In addition to providing basic information on existing small businesses programs and contracting with the Federal government, there is specific guidance on contracting with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the contracting opportunities available with HUD grantees. HUD Small Business Resource Guide