When it comes to social media, many people are overwhelmed at the number of platforms and how to use each effectively. There are a few simple tips you can use across all platforms to help “keep you afloat” until you master your platform of choice.
- Complete your profiles (including photos) & update them regularly (“regularly” is relevant but try to keep them updated as significant changes occur)
- Use keywords in your profiles and posts (This is a great companion to your website SEO campaign.)
- Promote your social media accounts via non-social media channels (ie. website, email signature, press releases, business cards, print advertising, radio and television ads, direct mail, etc.)
- Add sharing buttons and cross-promote your profiles (Make sure your content is easily sharable and encourage people to share your content.)
- Grow your network and make connections in your industry and related industries (Identify influencers and promote their content when applicable.)
- Be real! (Make sure you come across as a real person when you interact via social media, don’t worry about technical or legal wording or rambling off the exact wording of your company’s mission statement.)
Laurie Morse-Dell is the Marketing & Technology Coordinator at Center for Technology & Business.